Re: Comments on Action:draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-03

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 16:51:19 +0100
To: Jan Algermissen <algermissen1971@mac.com>
CC: Atom-syntax Syntax' <atom-syntax@imc.org>, WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Jan Algermissen wrote:
> Do you have a (rough) set of use cases (IOW: client goals) that are to
> be enabled by the link relations?
>
> Along the lines: "Client needs to find a working-copy" => link rel
> working-copy enables that

These use cases mainly come from CMIS (content management over AtomPub);
and the main reason these aren't mentioned in the spec is that we wanted
to avoid a circular spec reference.

See <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200910/msg00015.html>.

An alternative would be not to use the terminology around
checkin/checkout at all. I'll give that a try.

Best regards, Julian