Re: [caldav] [VCARDDAV] new webdav sync draft

From: Andrew McMillan <andrew@morphoss.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:49:50 +1300
To: Arnaud Quillaud <Arnaud.Quillaud@Sun.COM>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 17:13 +0100, Arnaud Quillaud wrote:
> On 11/19/09 11:01 PM, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> >
> > In particular when synchronising a calendar collection it would be
> > desirable for the report to be able to return 'caldav:calendar-data',
> > which in many cases would then save the further round-trip of a
> > calendar-multiget report following this report.  I assume there would be
> > similar advantages in retrieving the actual changed data in other extensions.

> A client may ask for any property... as long as it is defined as
> such... calendar-data is not one of them. See
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4791#section-9.6 :
> <<
> However, the CALDAV:calendar-data XML element is
>       not a WebDAV property and, as such, is not returned in PROPFIND

Ah, what a shame.  Can I take it from this that CardDAV will also suffer
from this limitation?

> PS: I should have mentioned this upfront but we may want to move
> further discussion to the  w3c-dist-auth@w3.org mailing list only to
> avoid too much cross posting.

OK, I have done so.

Cheers,
					Andrew.

http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/                     Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora                                  Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley,
                         "Proper Studies", 1927