Re: [caldav] [VCARDDAV] new webdav sync draft

Cyrus Daboo wrote:
>> I confess I haven't looked at this closely yet, but why is it defining
>> elements in the DAV: namespace?
>
> This is generic to WebDAV, not specific to CardDAV or CalDAV. So use of
> DAV: is justified.

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc4918.html#rfc.section.21.1>:

"Creation of identifiers in the "DAV:" namespace is controlled by the IETF."

So it's not relevant whether something is generic. What's important is
that there's IETF consensus to add new names to the namespace.

I'm not saying this can't be the case here, but I think the proper way
would be to start with a proposal in a custom namespace, and then switch
to the DAV: namespace once it's clear that consensus has been achieved.

BR, Julian