allow use of multipart/form-data in draft-reschke-webdav-post

From: Arnaud Quillaud <Arnaud.Quillaud@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 11:15:02 +0100
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Hello,

Late comment on draft-reschke-webdav-post:

Browser based applications are not allowed to upload files from the
client filesystem by any mean other than using an HTML form containing a
file param and an enctype of multipart/form-data. As a consequence,
those applications have no way to upload local files to a WebDAV
repository using PUT (my knowledge of browser based technologies is
rather limited but I have found at least a few references to this
limitation).

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reschke-webdav-post could partially
solve this issue by simply allowing a multipart/form-data containing a
single subpart to be POSTed.

Modifying a resource by uploading it again would still not be possible
of course but that can be somehow workarounded.

Arnaud Quillaud