late feedback on MKCOL ext response body, was: [VCARDDAV] vcarddav WGLC on draft-ietf-vcarddav-{carddav,mkcol}

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:23:55 +0100
To: vcarddav@ietf.org, WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Hi,

I was going through older mailing list discussions, and found an issue
where I think we were close to consensus, but then didn't make that
change...

In general, a server that successfully executes a MKCOL/ext request,
doesn't need to return a detailed success response. However, the spec
currently requires a response body with propstat elements for all
successfully set properties.

I think we should make that OPTIONAL -- thus, for a 201 response, the
server would be allowed to send an empty response.

BR, Julian