Re: [VCARDDAV] Pseudo-properties in reports, was: vcarddav WGLC on draft-ietf-vcarddav-{carddav, mkcol}

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:15:06 +0100
To: Arnaud Quillaud <Arnaud.Quillaud@Sun.COM>
CC: WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, vcarddav@ietf.org
Arnaud Quillaud wrote:
> I think all the points below are valid, except that CardDAV is simply
> following the approach taken by CalDAV.
> Given the similarities between the 2 protocols, and given that people
> implementing one are likely to implement the other, it will be very
> confusing if we start to diverge (and it won't simplify implementations).

Well, it *is* confusing for people who haven't implemented CalDAV, but
other WebDAV extensions, such as SEARCH (which successfully avoided
overloading properties).

So I personally think if we need to choose between "the right way" and
"the CalDAV way", we should choose the former (and this also applies to
other aspecs I haven't mentioned yet, such as the requirements on ETag
behavior).

Best regards, Julian