Re: I-D Action:draft-reschke-webdav-post-00.txt

From: Petr Tomasek <tomasek@etf.cuni.cz>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:30:43 +0200
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 05:42:54PM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:

> FYI -- this is an early draft of what I proposed in July
> (<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2008JulSep/0011.html>).
>
> Feedback appreciated,
>
> Julian

Hi,

I dislike the fact, that a simple task like creating a new resource
should constitute complicated metadata creating/parsing.

I think a simple method (I would choose another one, not the POST
one, but e.g. "CREATE") would be more suitable to the HTTP model.

Please, note, not everything on the earth "is WebDAV" and it seems
to mee that forcing using XML everywhere, even if it is not necessary
is simply an error (it leads to too complicated protocols and too
much overhead for implementing them...)

Petr Tomasek

--
Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>