Re: Litmus test questions

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:52:47 +0200
To: Evert | Rooftop <evert@rooftopsolutions.nl>
CC: Joe Orton <joe@manyfish.co.uk>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Evert | Rooftop wrote:
> I actually handled it here by catching and ignoring that single expact
> error, thinking it was the right thing to do =)

I think there's a also a compile-time option for expat not to validate
namespace names.

> I'm somewhat happy to hear this is going to be fixed, because it felt
> wrong (even though I'd trust litmus before not-fatal expat errors).
>
> I just thought some clients 'might' send this over, which is why this
> test was written as such. Hearing this is not the case, I'll get rid of
> the workaround right now :)

I wouldn't count on clients not doing this. Assigning namespace names is
  something many people sadly get wrong, and so far, I haven't seen a
system that checks for that (part of the blame for that goes to the
XMLNS spec).

BR, Julian