Re: Litmus test questions

Evert | Rooftop wrote:
> This was the first oddnesss, since it actually requests to delete the
> already deleted properties at first. According to spec.. I return the
> appropriate 404's and 200's:

"Specifying the removal of a property that does not exist is not an
error." -- <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc4918.html#rfc.section.14.23>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><propertyupdate
> xmlns='DAV:'><set><prop><t:valnspace
> xmlns:t='http://webdav.org/neon/litmus/'><foo
> xmlns='bar'/></t:valnspace></prop></set></propertyupdate>
>
> The 'bar' namespace is an invalid one, and expat is quickly to respond
> with: xmlns: URI bar is not absolute, so I respond with a 400 Bad Request..
>
> This is also a FAIL for litmus, so I'm curious to what _should_ be
> returned in this situation..

Wow, that's the first time I hear that an XML parser is choking on a
namespace name.

Whether or not "bar" is a legal namespace name may be controversial; my
recollection is that the W3C, after lots and lots of messages exchanged
about that topic, basically deprecated them.

Potentially there's a config switch in expat where you can switch off
the checking. It's well intended, but I wouldn't me surprised that
insisting on it may break existing WebDAV clients.

BR, Julian