Re: multiget reports Re: Thoughts on relation to WebDAV

On 28.05.2008, at 16:17, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> --On May 28, 2008 1:08:36 PM +0200 Helge Hess <helge.hess@opengroupware.org
> > wrote:
>> Makes sense? I admit, its very similiar to pipelining, but much
>> easier to implement using existing infrastructure.
> So I guess one question is whether you prefer to use serialized
> XML makes sense as we already have the multistatus response.

Its not really WebDAV specific in any way, it could be used for
arbitrary HTTP based protocols.

The problem with XML is that HTTP content is quite often binary :-)
Makes sense for properties (eg inside a batch), but IMHO not for HTTP
resource contents.

BATCH would be a simple concat of the requests/responses as if they
where issued separately. (but giving the server the chance to group
them for more efficient processing).

Thanks,
   Helge
--