Re: multiget reports Re: Thoughts on relation to WebDAV

Hi Julian,

--On May 28, 2008 12:05:00 PM +0200 Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:

>> Could you elaborate? An MGET capable cache could still disassemble the
>> MGET and serve the individual resources from its cache (which is in fact
>> why I would prefer a real MGET instead of a REPORT). It would really
>> just be a nested request.
>
> OK, that would work, but will be tricky to deploy. *Existing* caches will
> not know how to do it.

I could quite easily see specialized CalDAV/CardDAV caches being used that
do have knowledge of multiget behavior and likely would be supplied by the
CalDAV/CardDAV server vendors themselves for their own scalability reasons.

--
Cyrus Daboo