Re: multiget reports Re: Thoughts on relation to WebDAV

From: Helge Hess <helge.hess@opengroupware.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:21:07 +0200
To: WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

On 28.05.2008, at 10:15, Jack Cleaver wrote:
> Should caching really be such a big issue for protocol designers in
> this modern world?

Yes, its quite important even in my setup.

> - In a world of SSL, web-apps and sessions, caches don't work anyway

I'm not so much concerned about proxy caches for clients, but reverse
proxies for backends. Having a cache in front of appservers is really
nice for scaling.

Also I'm looking for a more consistent replacement for CalDAV/
CardDAV:multiget, not necessarily a generic HTTP/1.x mechanism.

Thanks,
   Helge
--
Helge Hess