Re: AW: DAV:principal-URL

From: Wilfredo Sánchez Vega <wsanchez@wsanchez.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:45:31 -0700
Cc: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, acl@webdav.org, Konstantin Breu <Konstantin.Breu@gmx.net>, "'WebDAV'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
To: Cyrus Daboo <cyrus@daboo.name>

   The reason I brought this up was that is affects draft-sanchez-
webdav-current-principal-00 which I submitted.

   I had hoped to require that the principal URL returned in the
current-user-principal-resource property MUST be the same as the
principal-url property on the resource at that URL.  That would avoid
requiring a client from having to fetch the current-user-principal-
resource property on a DAV resource, then fetch the principal-url from
there in order to know what to use in ACEs.  That's only feasible if
the principal-url property must also be an http(s) URL.

	-wsv