Re: acl settings and extended MKCOL

Henrik Holst wrote:
> mån 2008-05-12 klockan 16:48 +0530 skrev Arnaud Quillaud:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The WebDAV ACL spec does not offer a way to create a resource and set
>> its acl in a single operation. Nor does it let you discover the initial
>> acl set on a new resource (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3744#section-12.3).
>>
>> With the new extended MKCOL
>> (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daboo-webdav-mkcol), it is now
>> possible to set properties and create a collection in one single operation.
>> By setting the DAV:acl property among those properties, one can achieve
>> an atomic (MKCOL + ACL).
>> I think no WebDAV specification prevents a server from allowing this
>> (especially given that the WebDAV ACL spec precedes extended MKCOL draft).
>> But isn't it something that would be worth mentioning in the extended
>> MKCOL spec, either to clarify the expected behavior,... or to discourage
>> its use if it is found to be problematic.
>>
>> Arnaud Q
>>

> DAV:acl is a protected property so it shouldn't be possible to set it using the extended MKCOL as far as I can see.

Per the WebDAV Spec:

<<

A protected property is one that cannot be changed with a PROPPATCH
   request.

It does not mean that it can not be created or changed by another command.

Actually, the CALDAV:supported-calendar-component-set property of the
CalDAV Spec exposes that behavior: it is protected but can be initially
set via the MKCALENDAR method
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4791#section-5.2.3)

Arnaud Q