Re: Implementing litmus lock test 18

Evert | Rooftop wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I'm a WebDAV server implementor, and relying heavily on litmus to tell
> me if I'm on the right track.
>
> I'm stuck on test 18: cond_put_corrupt_token
>
> With the relevant header :
>
> If: (<opaquelocktoken:44445502-3b32-25aa-a0d6-87fdb17a9086x>) (Not
> <DAV:no-lock>)
>
> I believe, judging from "WebDAV Next-Generation.. well I'm sure you've
> heard of it.." that this should be interpreted as :
> If (false OR true) and thus allowing the PUT request..
>
> Litmus however reports: FAIL (conditional PUT with invalid lock-token
> should fail: 200 Ok)
>
> I'm hoping someone on this list can help me out =)

Looking at the test, the assumption is that the If header indeed
evaluates to true, but then the PUT request is rejected with 423 Locked,
as the If header did not contain the required lock token.

Keep in mind that for the PUT to succeed on a locked request, the If
header not only needs to evaluate to true, but also needs to contain all
required lock tokens.

Hope this helps,