Re: Blog comments on <http://tinpixel.com/node/28> -- "Why I don't like WebDAV, part 1"

From: Tim Olsen <tim@brooklynpenguin.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:17:04 -0400
To: "Kevin Wiggen" <kwiggen@xythos.com>
Cc: "Mike Douglass" <douglm@rpi.edu>, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, <chris@tinpixel.com>, "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:42:14 -0800
"Kevin Wiggen" <kwiggen@xythos.com> wrote:

> 2)  It's Slow.  Yes I agree the default apple client is slow.  For
> every write to the server it makes over 6 round trips for an
> operation that could take 1.  Again, bad client.  The Xythos client

I wonder how many of these round trips are to work around bad servers.
For example, Apache still does not understand If-None-Match *
correctly!  (One of my team members, Paritosh Shah, has submitted a
patch to the Apache mailing list.  Hopefully it will be accepted)

WebDAV awareness seems to be increasing - hence, this blog posting.
This should put pressure on client and server developers to fix their
implementations.  In some way, bad news is better than no news.

-Tim