Re: Standardizing Batch methods?

At the moment it is not possible for a WebDAV server to participate
in a distributed transaction. Applications may wish to store documents
in the course of a transaction and be sure that this is rolled back
in case of a failure. I'm therefore in favour of introducing an XA
interface in WebDAV.

There is also a case for having explicit transaction demarcation
methods. For example, clients can benefit from executing a simple
sequence such as check-out/update/check-in in the context of a transation.

Regards,

Werner.

--
Werner Donné  --  Re