Re: [ACL] ACL method and unsupported property principal

Werner Donné wrote:
> I thought the DAV:not-supported-privilege precondition was
> about using an unsupported element inside a DAV:privilege
> element and therefore I would expect a more specific
> precondition.

The precondition *name* sounds like that, but the description seems to
make it way more flexible... It seems it changed between draft 07 and
draft 08 from...:

    <DAV:supported-privilege/>: One or more of the privileges in the ACL
    request is not supported by the resource.

to:

    (DAV:not-supported-privilege): The ACEs submitted in the ACL
    request MUST be supported by the resource.

Not sure whether that was intentional.

Anyway: a new precondition would give us an opportunity to explain that
a server is not required to support DAV:principal/DAV:property, so I am
+1 for adding this.

Any objections?

Best regards, Julian