Re: [ACL] ACL method and unsupported property principal

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 13:08:52 +0200
To: werner.donne@re.be
CC: acl@webdav.org, WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Werner Donné wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can a server limit the set of properties that may be used to
> denote a principal in a principal element? If yes, what pre-condition

Yes, definitively. In particular, servers may not support the
DAV:property element at all. It seems to me this needs clarification.

> violation should be reported when an unsupported property is included?

DAV:not-supported-privilege seems to come close:

"The ACEs submitted in the ACL request MUST be supported by the resource."

Do you think we need a more specific one?

Best regards, Julian