Re: RFC 3744: principal-collection-set

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:10:50 -0700
Cc: Cyrus Daboo <cyrus@daboo.name>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

Yes, and I think that's OK for non-WebDAV clients.  A client has to
get its search results in some machine-readable form.  (If the client
were looking for human readable results there'd likely be a WebUI and
no standards involved).  So XML is adequate for that purpose, and why
not "DAV:" and "multistatus".  At least it's a schema we have some
experience with.

Lisa