Re: RFC 3744: principal-collection-set

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:57:40 -0700
Cc: Cyrus Daboo <cyrus@daboo.name>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
I think that's a very important feature.  There's no intrinsic need
for SEARCH to rely on properties, and it should be valuable for a
number of non-WebDAV use cases.

Duplicating the server's feature advertisement in both OPTIONS and
properties should not be much of a hardship for a server and makes it
easier for a variety of clients to learn what they need to know.

Lisa