DAV 'drop box'

From: Tristan Fiedler <fiedler@cshl.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:47:57 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

I am using a DAV server for a project where authorized users will
upload large data files to our DAV site (linux running apache).  I have
been able to set up the apache directives to allow users to upload
files, but wanted to know if there is a way to allow *only* file
uploads, and thus prevent users from reading files already present in
the DAV directory, and also from deleting/downloading files already
present in the DAV directory.

Basically, I am attempting to create a "drop box" where users must
login, then can upload their file but not delete or read material
already present on the DAV folder.  I currently have the httpd.conf
file :

    <Location /dav_directory>
    DAV On
    AllowOverride None
    Options +Indexes
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "authorization"
    AuthUserFile /path/to/passwd/file
    <Limit GET OPTIONS PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY
MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
        Require user foobar
    </Limit>
</Location>