Re: draft 16 vs issue bz238

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 20:22:34 +0100
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
CC: WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Lisa Dusseault schrieb:

> Yeah, the section reference is wrong, I can fix that.  I'll continue to
> use my own wording for the rest as it's not quite true that there's two
> different formats (I can think of three: empty body, 'error' body or
> 'multistatus').

So then why does Section 13 say
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-16.html#rfc.section.13>):

---
A Multi-Status response uses one out of two distinct formats for
representing the status:

    1. A 'status' element as child of the 'response' element indicates
the status of the message excecution for the identified resource as a
whole (for instance, see Section 9.6.2). Some method definitions provide
information about specific status codes clients should be prepared to
see in a response. However, clients MUST be able to handle other status
codes, using the generic rules defined in Section 10 of [RFC2616].
    2. For PROPFIND and PROPPATCH, the format has been extended using
the 'propstat' element instead of 'status', providing information about
individual properties of a resource. This format is specific to PROPFIND
and PROPPATCH, and is described in detail in Section 9.1 and Section 9.2.
---

??

Best regards, Julian