Re: multistatus and BIND

You could do either, but I'd suggest a 401 for each URL, to not expose to
the client the information that x.gif and y.gif refer to the same
resource.

For example, suppose you had a collection with each of the nominees for a
position, and a binding named "selected" to the one that was selected. But
you didn't want to give anyone read access yet to see who was selected
(but you wanted to let them see the collection, so they could see who was
running).  If you returned only one of the bindings, and that was the
binding to "selected", then someone who new who was nominated could figure
out who was selected by seeing which name was omitted in the 401 report.