Re: PATCH gdiff and binary diff

From: Joe Feise <jfeise@feise.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:43:15 -0700
To: edgar@edgarschwarz.de
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

edgar@edgarschwarz.de writes:

> By chance anybody from subversion listening who knows whether subversion
> uses any diff format when working with or without apache ?

I forwarded this to one of the subversion developers I know around here,
and here is his answer:

SVN uses svndiff, which is loosely based on vdelta.  SVN 1.4
introduces svndiff1, which adds a gzip compression.  More info is
available here:

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/svndiff

Subversion will use svndiff on all RA methods: so it's independent of
httpd or svnserve tunneling.