Re: email over webDAV as IMAP replacement?

From: robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 23:31:47 +0100
To: Wilfredo Sánchez Vega <wsanchez@wsanchez.net>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 10:37 -0700, Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wrote:
> Jim Whitehead has in the past suggested that looking into this may
> be a good idea, but I don't think anyone has picked it up and run
> with it yet.  Seems to me like it might be interesting to try putting
> something together; go for it!

great :-)

what's the best way to start? (other than hacking an implementation ;-)

is this subject on topic for this list?

anything much out there i should read?

> Subversion isn't a good example, by the way; it basically
> shoehorns it's needs into existing DAV specs rather than coming up
> with something new, but CalDAV is a good example.

good. i attended Lisa Dusseault's session at apachecon and that the
reason why i started looking at webDAV as a solution to one of the parts
missing from my jigsaw.

- robert