Re: UPDATE method and forking

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:32:07 -0500
To: Manfred Baedke <manfred.baedke@greenbytes.de>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org, werner.donne@re.be
Manfred Baedke <manfred.baedke@greenbytes.de> wrote on 03/17/2006 11:34:14
AM:

> My point was that the working resource itself is a VCR, whose deletion
> on a subsequent CHECKIN can be avoided using the DAV:keep-checked-out
> flag, in which case the working resource behaves much like any other
VCR.

Well, to be precise, a working resource is a "checked-out resource".
A checked-out VCR is also a checked-out resource,
but although both a working resource and a checked-out VCR share
properties
and methods (i.e., all the properties and methods of a checked-out
resource),
a working resource is actually not a VCR (in particular, a VCR has
properties
that a working resource does not have).

Cheers,
Geoff