Re: folder view in frames

From: Joe Feise <jfeise@feise.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:37:59 -0800
To: "Praehauser Julia" <Julia.Praehauser@x-tention.at>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Praehauser Julia writes:

> Hello,
>

> I have a html-page with 2 frames, the one frame is empty and the other
> one has an onload-function in the body which opens the folder view of a
> webdav directory. The problem is, when I doubleclick one folder that the
> frames are missing and it is no Internet Explorer Window any more (more
> like a Windows Explorer Window). I have the frames only to be able to
> close this window by javascript.
>

> Can anybody help me??

Hmm, as Julian mentioned, this is probably a side-effect of how IE/Explorer
handle WebDAV displays.
Microsoft provides a Shell extension to display WebDAV folders, e.g., when
using the Network Neighborhood to browse to a WebDAV folder.
My assumption is that this gets triggered when you double-click a WebDAV
folder in IE. You would probably need to do some registry magic to avoid
this (and that would have other side-effects.)

Cheers,
 -Joe