Re: Comments on the "new" 2518

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> I am on the fence for how to go with this issue,  but I do note that
> your solution doesn't solve John's problem.  There are many existing,
> deployed clients who already implement MOVE and John wants WFS to behave
> appropriately for them without forcing widespread client (in some cases,
> operating system) upgrade.

Sorry?

John asked for an extension that allows clients to state that MOVE
should be atomic (the default staying non-atomic for backwards
compatibility).

Geoff pointed out that that extension already exists and is called REBIND.

Clients that would want to take advantage of it would need to be
upgraded in both cases. And, as a matter of fact, they would still need
to be able to handle servers with non-atomic MOVE implementations.

What am I missing?

Best regards, Julian