Re: Comments on the "new" 2518

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 09:23:33 +0100
To: Kevin Wiggen <kwiggen@xythos.com>
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Kevin Wiggen wrote:
> In section 9.1, I know this isnít backwardly compatible but canít we
> make the default for PROPFIND = depth 0 and PROPNAME?  Move, Copy,
> Delete arenít backward compatible (see other email), why not make this
> better.

MOVE, COPY and DELETE *are* backwards compatible.

And that's exactly the reason why we didn't make changes like the one
you just proposed: old clients should be able to interact with new
servers, and the other way around. Note that this is the main reason why
I'm opposed to change the LOCK refresh marshalling.

Best regards, Julian