Re: Possible problem in collection definition

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:54:37 +0100
To: Jason Crawford <nn683849@smallcue.com>
CC: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>, webdav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Jason Crawford wrote:
>  > > Not proposing what to do about this just yet.
>  >
>  > We need to relax the language such that the server is allowed to
>  > suppress alias URLs. Let's just note this problem right now and fix it
>  > during WGLC.
> How about letting the server flag the fact that it is facing such a
> situation and is being selective?  Via OPTIONS?  Or via information in
> the response?

That's a good idea, and our server is actually doing this. If you access
a resource through an alias URL (such as "A" instead of "a"), we return
a Content-Location header pointing to the canonical version of the URL.
That maybe something to be added to

But anyway, how does that help with the definition of collection state?

Best regards, Julian