Re: Possible problem in collection definition

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:54:37 +0100
To: Jason Crawford <nn683849@smallcue.com>
CC: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>, webdav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Jason Crawford wrote:

>  > > Not proposing what to do about this just yet.
>  >
>  > We need to relax the language such that the server is allowed to
>  > suppress alias URLs. Let's just note this problem right now and fix it
>  > during WGLC.
>
> How about letting the server flag the fact that it is facing such a
> situation and is being selective?  Via OPTIONS?  Or via information in
> the response?

That's a good idea, and our server is actually doing this. If you access
a resource through an alias URL (such as "A" instead of "a"), we return
a Content-Location header pointing to the canonical version of the URL.
That maybe something to be added to
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-url-constraints-latest.html>.

But anyway, how does that help with the definition of collection state?

Best regards, Julian