W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-dist-auth@w3.org > January to March 2006

[Bug 46] URLs in Multistatus

From: <bugzilla@soe.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:01:51 -0800
Message-Id: <200601272001.k0RK1pIu011282@ietf.cse.ucsc.edu>
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=46

lisa@osafoundation.org changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|ASSIGNED                    |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |FIXED



------- Additional Comments From lisa@osafoundation.org  2006-01-27 12:01 -------
In closely comparing the text, I found that the MUST language (MUST not use . or
.., MUST use absolute paths if using relative URLs) was weakened to SHOULD. 
Since the discussion and justification was about using correct terminoloyg, I've
left this with MUST pending further discussion.

I also noticed that the paragraph on percent-encoding may have been dropped
depending on how your read the proposal.  I didn't see discussion of why that
should be dropped, so I've left that in.

I assume it's OK to include the example suggested a few comments back in the bug
history, but I found it had to be fixed.  The text explaining the example
implies that if the server chooses one approach, e.g. full URLs, then it must
consistently use that approach.  Unless we add a normative requirement for such
consistency, I have to assume that consistency is not required.  Thus I reworded
the text immediately after the example request.x





------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.
Received on Friday, 27 January 2006 20:01:59 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:44:13 GMT