Re: Destination header syntax (Bug 211) and how WebDAV works with reverse proxies

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:40:36 +0100
To: Jim Whitehead <ejw@soe.ucsc.edu>
CC: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>, WebDav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Jim Whitehead wrote:

>> I support extending the Destination header and all other locations
>> that take URLs, such that servers MUST accept absolute paths.
>>
>> lisa
>
> +1
>
> Thank you, Julian, for an excellent issue summary.

Thanks.

I think clearly we have consensus for the following change:

- allow absolute paths in Destination header
- allow absolute paths in the Coded-URLs in Tagged-List productions (If
header) (probably by introducing something like "Coded-Reference")
- allow absolute paths in location/href in multistatus responses (?)

Best regards, Julian