Re: Bindings and permissions

I guess our mis-alignment is partly based on whether ACL supports
dynamic ACL inheritance.  Since I know of more than one server
supporting ACL that does dynamic inheritance, I figure that whether
or not ACL theoretically supports dynamic inheritance, in practice it
does.

Still, I would argue that's irrelevant.  Doesn't a client have an
expectation that when it does a BIND request
  - that the resource being bound doesn't become less accessible, or
more accessible, as a result of the request; in other words that the
BIND request has reasonably predictable side effects
     - regardless of whether the server supports ACL spec
     - regardless of whether the server supports dynamic inheritance,
which as you say isn't really discoverable?

Lisa