Re: Process on open RFC2518bis issues

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 21:15:07 +0100
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
CC: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>, WebDav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Cullen Jennings wrote:

> Unfortunately, this proposal would violate that idea that a WG needs to
> determine that at least rough consensus exists within the WG for the
> advancement of a document. It would change to where there was not
> consensus, then we defaulted to what RFC 2518 says.

Indeed. As a matter of fact that was my understanding about how revising
an standards track document should work. If there's no consensus for a
change, don't do it.

The question then is whether the agreed upon changes represent
sufficient advance over the previous spec to make publishing it worthwhile.

Best regards, Julian