Re: Interaction of WebDAV with HTTPS and problems opening files

Ian Stokes-Rees wrote on 01/12/06 09:41:

> Julian Reschke wrote:
>> This may be by design. What is your default browser?
>
> I am using Windows File Explorer.  I have trouble believing this is by
> design.  I am quite sure that with *other* WebDAV folders I've been able
> to open files directly.

In general, non-WebDAV aware applications can not open files on a WebDAV
server, and the 'Open' open would be grayed out.
There are only a few Windows applications that are WebDAV aware, e.g., the
MS Office suite. So you can open Word files located on a WebDAV server,
but not jpeg files, for example.
As Julian said, this is by design.

-Joe