Re: Status of Bugzilla Bug 10, Round-tripping various information in properties

On Dec 23, 2005, at 12:50 PM, Elias Sinderson wrote:
> Geoff supports the requirement but is indifferent wrt SHOULD vs. MAY.
> Lisa is OK with SHOULD, but would be fine with MAY.
> Jim is fine with SHOULD.
> Wilfredo also seems to be okay with SHOULD, as it still leaves some
> wiggle room for server implementers.

   For the record, I'm uncomfortable with SHOULD and happy with MAY.

> It is my opinion that a MAY level requirement in this situation
> will lead to more special casing for client writers

   It's highly unlikely that we'll implement this in mod_dav, which
is a fairly common case, so interoperability will be an issue for
many clients either way.

	-wsv