Re: Editing rfc2518bis.xml

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:29:13 +0200
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Julian Reschke wrote:

>> I tried to diff the xml file downloaded from my URL vs. the one from
>> yours and unfortunately the diff is garbage, showing every line
>> different.  It's probably something stupid like line returns, but
>> it's  a pain in the ass figuring out what's actually changed.   If
>> you  provide a diff I'll check it out further.
>

> Just check for non-ASCII characters.

For instance:

 > xsltproc rfc2629.xslt draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.xml
draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.xml:1014: error: Input is not proper
UTF-8, indicate encoding !
    because it is acting with principal AĦs credential, is allowed to
                                         ^
draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.xml:1014: error: Bytes: 0xA1 0x73
0x20 0x63
    because it is acting with principal AĦs credential, is allowed to
                                         ^
unable to parse draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.xml