Re: Some questions about WebDAV

ChunWei Ho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have another question. When the If header (webDAV's If header)
> condition is not met, the request should fail with 412 Precondition
> Failed. If the request is one over multiple resource, like PROPFIND,
> COPY or MOVE over Depth > 0, should the whole request fail returning
> 412 Precondition Failed, or fail only for the specific resources
> returning 207 MultiStatus with some portions giving a 412 Precondition
> Failed.
>
> Thanks again for the help! :)
>
> Regards,
> CW

Hi,

judging from
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2518.html#rfc.section.9.4.p.4>:

"The If header's purpose is to describe a series of state lists. If the
state of the resource to which the header is applied does not match any
of the specified state lists then the request MUST fail with a 412
(Precondition Failed). If one of the described state lists matches the
state of the resource then the request may succeed."

I would say that the server must return a 412 (so partial
execution/success of the request is not an option).

Best regards, Julian