Re: Support for non-DAV collections

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> It depends on whether we're going for Draft Standard or not -- and it
> was  my understanding that Ted is keeping the WG open so we can bring
> WebDAV to  Draft Standard.  To go to Draft Standard, we need to take a
> Proposed  Standard and remove the options that aren't implemented,
> interoperable and  tested 2x2.

Yes. Every server that supports collections as WebDAV compliant
resources already supports this feature. And every client that issues a
PROPFIND without using other WebDAV methods already uses it. I'm not
sure what kind of additional test you're looking for.

> Another option that isn't broadly implemented, if at all, is the
> support  for locks that aren't write locks or aren't exclusive locks
> (since only  exclusive write locks are fully defined).  Are there any
> implementations  at all that do locks that aren't write locks?  Didn't
> Adobe or somebody  implement shared locks?

Me confused.

The only type of locks defined in RFC2518 are write locks. Write locks
can be shared or exclusive, and there are both servers implementing this
and clients using it. Looking at
<http://www.webdav.org/wg/rfcdev/issues.htm>, issue #96, the WG has
discussed this over three years ago and concluced that they are indeed
implemented.

Best regards, Julian