Re: BIND and live property value consistency

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:14:14 +0200
To: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>
CC: webdav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

> The proposed additional text is fine with me, although I'd probably
> delete the phrase "which in turn should define how the property value
> behaves", since I believe it is redundant.
>
> Cheers,
> Geoff

Good point. New proposed text
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.section.2.6>):

"2.6. PROPFIND and Bindings

Consistent with [RFC2518], the value of a dead property MUST be
independent of the number of bindings to its host resource or of the
path submitted to PROPFIND. On the other hand, the behaviour for each
live property depends on its individual definition (for example, see
[RFC3744], section 5, paragraph 2)."

Best regards, Julian