Re: Review of quota-06

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:34:27 -0800
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org, ejw@soe.ucsc.edu
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

On Mar 19, 2005, at 1:41 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Jim Whitehead wrote:
>> So, if I understand you correctly, you're advocating the addition of a
>> single additional error code to cover the storage media full case?
>
> My personal preference was to leave disk limits out of quota, and to
> define separate properties and precondition codes for them. However,
> if people feel this is overkill spec-wise, the ability to distinguish
> both cases when an operation fails would be welcome (and a cheap
> addition).

Is there anybody who would implement a separate property for disk limit
(in addition to, or instead of a property for quota)?  I haven't seen a
direct request for this, it's only been brought up in the context of
whether or not the quota property should exclude this concept.

I'd be happy with a separate error for the separate case.  That doesn't
seem like overkill.

Lisa