Re: Question on WebDAV usage from Web

Hi Everybody,

There are two ways which i know, can be made at the client end to enable
users to open word application seperately from a browser window.

1. Change the File Type setting on the Folder Options from explorer and
Uncheck the option of opening word in same browser window for MS Office
document types.

2. Enable 'Initialzie and script Active X controls not marked as Safe' in
the security settings of IE browser. Then using javascript code, we can pass
the url of the document to be opened and invoke the office application
seperately.

But it shall not be a good way to enforce users to make some settings in
their browsers to allow web applications invoke some Active X component on
the client machine.

Moreover even in the above TWO cases, when user opens a document from a
WebDAV folder, user is not able to save the document back in the same WebDAV
folder by clicking on the SAVE button of MS Office application.

Only when the document is opened using IE as 'Open as Web Folder', user is
able to make changes to the document and save the document by just clicking
on SAVE button. One way that i have found so far is to open a folder using
AnchorClick object of Microsoft, as a Web Folder view.

But my problem is to open a document from a Web Folder and not a Web Folder.
So far i have not found any answer to this.

Looking for a response soon,

Regards,
Parvathi.