Re: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: draft-reschke-http-addmember-00]

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:39:12 +0100
To: Scott Lawrence <scott@skrb.org>
CC: Cyrus Daboo <daboo@isamet.com>, Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org>, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, CalDAV DevList <ietf-caldav@osafoundation.org>

Scott Lawrence wrote:
> That statement misses the point - it may be true that it's difficult to
> express the access control based just on the method, but that doesn't
> mean that it's difficult to implement appropriate access control in
> either the client or the server.  The method alone does not specify the
> operation - indeed, in the case of POST the full specification of the
> operation is deliberately expanded to include the body mime type and the
> body content.
>
> I don't think you've shown how what you're trying to do is any different
> from what POST has always done.

It's a aubset with well-defined semantics. I consider this a feature.

Best regards, Julian