Re: Comments on draft-ietf-webdav-quota-05.txt, Was: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-quota-05.txt

Brian Korver wrote:

>>> Fixed in -05
>>

>> It's now saying
>>
>> "The total size of a collection, DAV:quota-used-bytes, may not be a
>> sum of the DAV:getcontentlength properties for resources stored in the
>> collection."
>>
>> ...which isn't that different...
>

> Ok, then what wording would you suggest?

Fact is:

- in many quota implementations, there will be connection whatsoever
between both (because members do not count to the size of a collection),

- even if they do, usually the collection itself and metadata will use
space that may be counted.

The easiest fix is not to say anything here.

Best regards, Julian