Re: BIND and access control lists

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:23:53 +0100
To: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>
CC: webdav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

> The statement that would be consistent with 3744 would be
> "BIND is the same as MOVE with respect to the DAV:acl property".
> (I prefer to state it that way, rather than copying the
> paragraphs from 3744, since that allows us to modify
> DAV:acl behavior in 3744bis without having to revise the
> binding specification).
>
> If nobody objects to that behavior, then I am happy to add
> that sentence to the BIND specification.
>
> If anyone objects to that behavior, then that is an issue
> against 3744, and then I believe the BIND specification
> should remain silent on the topic, and the issue should be raised
> against 3744 for resolution.
>
> Cheers,
> Geoff

OK,

issue tracked at:
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.issue.9_ns_op_and_acl>

Potential resolution: new paragraph:

9.  Relationship to WebDAV Access Control Protocol

    BIND and REBIND behave the same as MOVE with respect to the DAV:acl
    property (see [RFC3744], section 7.3).

Feedback appreciated,

Julian