Re: lock-null's Still Locked after MKCOL or PUT conversion?

Julian-

Apple has announced and is now supporting an SDK for our operating
system (Mac OS X) that wraps the WebDAV protocol into a framework that
is highly compatible with other application development frameworks on
Mac OS X.  This allows rapid development of application features that
take advantage of our .Mac iDisk service, which is based almost
exclusively on the WebDAV protocol.  (Some features preceded full
development of similar ones in WebDAV, such as quota.)

The point here is not to make a product plug, but to explain that these
SDK clients have a simplified view of WebDAV operations, with a focus
on solving distributed application collaboration issues.  Back to issue
(3.) below, they may not check for existence before locking.

-Jake