Re: write access to live properties

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:37:09 +0200
To: "wangdong()" <wangdong@founder.com>
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

wangdong() wrote:
> About live propeties, Rfc2518 said "the value of the property is maintained by
> the client, but the server performs syntax checking on submitted values"
> I wonder which live properties can be "maintained" by a client,I can't find
> anything helpful in the RFC2518 .

RFC2518 doesn't say anything specific here because it depends on the
server. For instance, some servers implement DAV:displayname as a
protected property that always has the same value as the last path
segment minus URI escaping (IMHO a bug). Others allow setting it. Some
servers allow setting the DAV:get* properties (such as getcontenttype),
other's don't. And so on...

At the end of the day, a client will have to try and properly process
any kind of status it gets back.

Best regards,

Julian