Re: CMS Project - WebDAV quota development

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 20:17:02 +0200
To: Thomas Bellembois <thomas.bellembois@univ-rennes1.fr>
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Thomas Bellembois wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Within the context of a CMS development we are currently developing a
> Slide based WebDAV server managing quotas.
> We have written a small document about the way we intend to develop our
> quota system, trying to stick close to a future standard.
> We would appreciate very much your opinion especially concerning a
> notion we have called "virtual root".
> This document is here :
> http://www.esup-portail.org/consortium/espace/Stockage_2F/serveur/documents/specifications/specifWebDAVQuotas.html

I didn't read it all, but I noticed two things...:

"# DAV:quota-available-bytes : value in octets representing the amount
of disk space that can be allocated to this resource for further
allocations  in KB or MB.
# DAV:quota-used-bytes : value in octets representing the amount of disk
space used by this resource  including its files and sub-collections
but NOT its autonomous sub-collections  in KB or MB.
# DAV:virtual-root defines an autonomous collection  true or false."

1) The Quota properties always count in bytes (octets), not KB or MB

2) You shouldn't use a property name of DAV:virtual-root (the DAV:
namespace is reserved for things defined in IETF standards tracks
documents).

Best regards, Julian