Re: REBIND and lock token submission example

Jim Whitehead wrote:
> OK, here is a suggested examples for REBIND and lock token submission:
>
> Before:
>
> +------------------+
> | Root Collection  |
> |  bindings:       |
> |  CollW           |
> +------------------+
> +-------------------------------+
> | Collection C1                 |<--------+
> | LOCKED infinity               |         |
> | (lock token L1)               |         |
> | bindings:                     |         |
> | CollX               CollY     |         |
> +-------------------------------+         |
>      |                  |                 |
>      |                  |  (creates loop) |
>      |                  |                 |
> +-----------------+  +------------------+ |
> | Collection C2   |  | Collection C3    | |
> | (inherit lock)  |  | (inherit lock)   | |
> | (lock token L1) |  | (lock token L1)  | |
> | bindings:       |  | bindings:        | |
> |  {none}         |  | y.gif     CollZ  | |
> +-----------------+  +------------------+ |
>                        |            |     |
>                        |            +-----+
>                    +---------------------------+
>                    | Resource R2               |
>                    | (lock inhereited from C1) |
>                    | (lock token L1)           |
>                    +---------------------------+
>
> After:
>
> +------------------+
> | Root Collection  |
> |  bindings:       |
> |  CollW           |
> +------------------+
> +-------------------------------+
> | Collection C1                 |
> | LOCKED infinity               |
> | (lock token L1)               |
> | bindings:                     |
> | CollX                  CollY  |
> +-------------------------------+
>      |              ^      |
>      |              |      |
> +-----------------+ | +------------------+
> | Collection C2   | | | Collection C3    |
> |(inherited lock) | | | (inherited lock) |
> |(lock token L1)  | | | (lock token L1)  |
> | bindings:       | | | bindings:        |
> | CollA           | | | y.gif            |
> +-----------------+ | +------------------+
>     |               |    |
>     +---------------+    |
>      (creates loop)      |
>                    +---------------------------+
>                    | Resource R2               |
>                    | (inherited lock from C1)  |
>                    | (lock token L1)           |
>                    +---------------------------+
>

> Should only involve passing lock token L1 in the If header of the REBIND.

OK, so this would be either

MOVE /CollW/CollY/CollZ HTTP/1.1
Destination: /CollW/CollX/CollA
If: (<L1>)

or

REBIND /CollW/CollX HTTP/1.1
If: (<L1>)

<rebind xmlns="DAV:">
   <segment>CollA</segment>
   <href>/CollW/CollY/CollZ</href>
</rebind>

Do we have consensus to add this example at all? If so, would it make
sense to *replace* the REBIND example we already have in section 6.1
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.section.6.1>)?

Best regards, Julian